Curriculum & Specials
Our high-quality instruction follows the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Units of Study and Curricular Programs:
- Everyday Math 4, supplemented with ST Math
- Benchmark Advance for Reading and Phonics
- Adams 12 Units of Study for Writing
- Adams 12 Units of Study with TCI resources for Social Studies
- Adams 12 Units of Study for Science
- Adams 12 Units of Study for English Language Development
- All units of study are aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards.
In addition to teaching whole-group lessons, educators in every classroom facilitate small-group literacy and math instruction every day to support acceleration and shrink learning gaps.
All Riverdale Elementary, students in Kindergarten-5th grades attend a specials class for 45 minutes every day. Scholars attend the same specials class for one week at a time.
Our current specials are art, music and physical education.