Points of Pride
- Schoolwide focus on relationships, character and social-emotional learning together with strong academic expectations provide a whole child focus.
- All kindergarten-3rd grade teachers, reading interventionists and English language development teachers are trained in extensive evidence-based reading instruction.
- Riverdale's teacher-student ratio is 1:22 in kindergarten-5th grade, with 400 scholars enrolled in preschool-5th grade.
- Our scholars are proud of their school and participate in morning announcements, student council and classroom competitions. They also show it off with extra flair during spirit weeks!
- We strive to create leaders in our building by providing opportunities for 3rd-5th grade students to be mentors to our K-2nd grade students.
- We have an Imagination Station in our school library that provides all students with frequent opportunities to explore many different interests, from STEM to puppet theater.
- We have an active PTO that plans and supports activities for the Riverdale community throughout the school year.
- Gifted-and-talented coordinator, social worker and social emotional learning specialist on staff
- Library collection updated regularly through grants and book fair sales
- Schoolwide use of ClassDojo app for teacher-family communication, school news and behavior recognition
- Kindergarten-5th grade use the ClassDojo app for teacher-family communication, school news and behavior recognition.
Mission & School Chant
Our staff and scholars recite the Mission and School Chant daily during morning announcements. This sets such a positive tone for the day!
At Riverdale Elementary we are career-bound scholars going from good to better to best to achieve success.
Good, better, best
Never let it rest,
Till your good is better
And your better is best.
A Day in the Life
In addition to our core academic classes, our students have daily:
- 15 minutes of social-emotional learning
- 25-minute lunches
- 1-2 recesses in addition to “brain breaks”
- 45-minute specials class (art, music, PE)