Fall 2020 Newsletter
Dear Riverdale Families,
We are so excited to be welcoming many of our families back to school for in-person learning and to continue working with families that opted to continue with remote learning! First of all, it’s important to have conversations with your student about how the school environment will look and feel a little differently than it has been before. We will be implementing non-negotiable safety measures that we will all work together to follow and hold each other accountable to ensure everyone is safe and healthy when returning to the building.
You should be receiving notification on Saturday, 9/26 about who your child’s teacher will be when returning to school for in-person or remote learning. As the district communicated previously, there will be shifts in classroom teachers due to families selecting remote or in-person learning, and the need for some staff to teach remotely and others to return to in-person learning. Thank you for your understanding and helping us to support your child in this transition.
When returning to the building, it is very important that your child brings his/her school supplies to the scheduled in-person orientation day (Monday, 9/28 for 1st, 3rd and 5th grades and Tuesday, 9/29 for Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grades) to leave at school for everyday learning. You will find our school supply list attached. One of the safety measures we must follow is that all students need to have their own set of school supplies, we will not have shared supplies as some classrooms have done in the past.
Please see below important information regarding In-Person Learning for this semester at Riverdale.
Morning Arrival at Riverdale
- In order to provide for a gradual and safe arrival and entrance into school, we will have a Soft Start this semester beginning at 7:55. Students may arrive on campus and enter between 7:55-8:05 every day.
- All students will be required to wear a mask. Masks must cover the mouth, nose and surrounding areas of the lower face and must be able to be secured around the ears and/or head, cannot have a valve, and cannot be a loose scarf or bandana.
- There will be four designated main doors for students to enter. The main entrance will be for breakfast students only from 7:45-8:00. Kindergarten will enter at the Northwest Door, 1st-2nd grade will enter at the Northeast Door, and 3rd, 4th and 5th grades will enter through the Southeast Door. Please see the Entrance Map attached.
- Parents are asked to remain in their cars, or to stand at the curb while school staff monitor and assist students entering the building.
- Only students will be permitted to enter the building. If you have questions or needs from our office staff, please call the main office at (720)972-5580.
- There is no parking in our staff parking lots, and only buses or vehicles with a handicap license/placard will be permitted entry in front of the school.
- As a reminder, for the safety and security of students and staff, pets are not permitted on campus during arrival and dismissal.
- All classroom teachers will walk students to the front of the building at dismissal time.
- Parents are asked to remain in their cars, or to stand at the curb while school staff assist students dismissing the building.
- Vehicles may park in the Hug and Go lane during dismissal
- Any vehicle with a handicap license/placard may park in our handicap spots in the front of the building prior to the gates closing at 2:45, and at 1:45 on Wednesdays, however, you will not be released from the parking lot until all scholars have safely exited our campus
- Vehicles may not park in the bus lane in front of the building at any time
- Any cars parked in the gated areas must stay idle, and may not leave until the gates have been open and drivers are motioned to exit when the lots are clear of scholars and staff
Again, we are excited to work with you as we transition back to school whether remotely or in-person. We look forward to partnering with you to provide the best school experience for your scholar!
Mrs. Kristin Powers, Principal